1. What can you tell us about your company and your products & services?
Alyne enables highly scalable risk and compliance processes through a library of structured controls and risk information, which is linked to relevant regulations, laws and standards. By applying familiar social media-like interactions to enterprise risk and compliance processes, we foster a risk culture across an entire organisation. Leveraging Alyne’s extensive content libraries, enables organisations to launch large scale assessment campaigns across the organisation. Our risk analytics capabilities enable the quantification of operational risk and the structured mitigation across teams, in order to reduce risk exposure to the defined appetite. Identified risks can be immediately displayed in context of laws and regulations. Additionally, we are currently developing Natural Language Processing capability, so that Machine Learning can be leveraged in evaluating current compliance and risk exposure.
2. How did you come up with the idea and what drives you?
Each of our four founders have worked in the area of risk & compliance for more than 10 years before starting Alyne. We have lived through the pains and frustrations experienced by our core customers and built Alyne for people like us.
We share a strong professional and academic background in IT security and risk management, a passion to deliver value with innovative clients and a drive to find the most functional and aesthetic information design possible.
3. What is it that makes your company different from others?
At Alyne, we have created an innovative user interface and user experience, which makes managing risks and complying with laws and regulations as easy as browsing social media. Alyne is a next generation Software as a Service, providing extensive high-quality content templates and scalable risk analytics – setting us apart from our competition. Alyne also works out of the box and does not require a system integration, which enables an extremely fast onboarding for our customers.
4. Where are you based?
The Alyne HQ is in Munich with currently two subsidiaries in London and Melbourne. In 2019 we will be opening up another office in New York City to enter the US market.
5. When was the company launched?
Alyne was founded in September 2015 and went live in March 2016.
6. What traction have you made? Can you tell us about your biggest achievements so far?
- September 2015: Founding of Alyne
- March 2016: Launch of MVP
- March 2016: First production customer
- January 2017: Accepted to Barclays Techstars 2017 in London
- May 2017: Raised 1.2m EUR in Seed Round
- June 2017: Opened Alyne office London
- December 2017: Won Future of Finance Award from UBS CTO
- May 2018: ISO 27001 Certificate using Alyne
- November 2018: Opened Alyne office Melbourne
- December 2018: Raised 3m EUR in Series A
- December 2018: More than 25 employees
7. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs and startups?
- Choose co-founders and a team who have different skills and personalities, but shared values.
- Starting a business can have fantastic rewards, but on the way you will be taking significant risks – both in the business and personally. You need to understand that it can be an emotional rollercoaster ride.
- Make it your business to actively shape your workplace.
- Think big, get shit done, know how to have fun – and most importantly, know how to balance these three aspects.
- The customer is at the center of everything – don’t lose sight of this.
8. What can you tell us about your team?
Our founding team has worked together for more than 10 years in the exact field of Alyne’s market. We have deep market insight into leading practices around the world and the challenges they face. One of our advantages as a team is our highly technical background paired with our functional understanding of the problem space. This enables us to develop our solution in minimal time through frictionless interaction between technology and functional teams. Additionally, we are partnering with the TU Munich, one of the leading technology schools to deliver cutting-edge Machine Learning capabilities to our platform.
9. What’s next for your company?
In the near future, Alyne will be opening up an office in New York City as our debut into the US market. We will also be introducing and integrating Machine Learning into our application, and be placing a large focus on recruiting great talent.
10. How do potential customers and investors get in touch with you?
You can find us online at www.alyne.com or get in touch with us through the contact details below. For updates, news and information about Alyne, follow us on our social media channels.
“The Business Spotlight on…” is a new section at PlanetCompliance that looks at the companies active in the sectors we cover, tells their stories and introduces the solutions to give them a platform to show what they’ve got and who they are. If you want to know more about how you can get featured in this section, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org on Twitter at @PlanetComplianc