- What can you tell us about your company and your products & services?
Founded in 2011, CUBE is an international RegTech firm that captures global financial services regulatory intelligence, and solves the problem of managing regulatory change, at enterprise scale.
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing), CUBE captures all regulatory intelligence (180 countries, 60 languages) and continuously updates it, creating the world’s only complete source of financial services regulatory requirements.
CUBE identifies which regulations are relevant to your business (by classifying and mapping regulation to customer profiles and data), provides deep insights that enable customers to assess the impact of regulatory change on their business, and applies regulatory rules-based process automation to ensure that ongoing compliance obligations are met.
CUBE’s secret sauce is its ability to map relevant global regulations onto individual policies, procedures and controls, and to issue alerts when compliance gaps arise. All decision rationale and compliance actions are automatically tracked, to create an indisputable audit trail.
- How came you up with the idea and what drives you?
CUBE was founded by RegTech pioneers who were quick to recognize how extensive and complex financial regulation would become in the wake of the financial markets collapse.
Since 2008, Compliance has become a people-heavy cost-center, unable to cope with vast volumes of complex regulation and pace of regulatory change. CUBE tackles the inability of age-old manual processes to ensure compliance. With automated monitoring, detection and analysis, CUBE customers can identify the impact of regulatory change and respond quickly, avoid enforcement fines and maintain defensible audits to support regulatory investigations. CUBE de-risks the regulatory change process, across all jurisdictions, and dramatically cuts costs. By freeing costly compliance resources from labor-intensive repetitive tasks, more time is spent on pro-active remediation work and predictive analysis of upcoming regulation.
- What is it that makes your company different from others?
- REGULATORY INTELLIGENCE/HORIZON SCANNING:CUBE is the world’s richest single source of global financial services regulatory data; 180 jurisdictions, 1000+ regulators, 2000+ regulations/handbooks, 2,000,000+ citations/rules.
- RELEVANCE FILTERING:CUBE filters noise, mapping the global regulatory universe onto customer-specific lines-of-business and jurisdictions; only regulatory data that is applicable to your business is visible.
- INTELLIGENT MAPPING:CUBE AI automatically maps all relevant obligations to individual policy, procedures, controls and records, identifying compliance risk at a highly granular level.
- IMPACT ASSESSMENT:When regulatory change occurs, CUBE’s AI triggers automated impact analyses, issues real-time alerts when compliance risk is exposed (by jurisdiction and line-of-business) and pinpoints all affected policies, controls and procedures.
- DEEP INSIGHTS:CUBE’s extensive knowledge-base is updated in real-time with industry trends, upcoming regulations, enforcements etc.
- Where are you based?
Headquartered in London, CUBE has international offices in New York, Paris and Melbourne. Our regulatory subject matter experts, compliance researchers, analysts and support staff span the globe.
- When was the company launched?
- What traction have you made? Can you tell us about your biggest achievements so far?
2012-2014: CUBE V1 launched and we achieved early customer success with a variety of big-name Tier 1 global banks
2015-2016: Next generation CUBE V2 regulatory intelligence and regulatory change automation platform launched, with expanded regulatory coverage. RegTech emerged, with CUBE positioned at the forefront of the market.
2017-2018: Awards and rankings recognize CUBE as a RegTech top performer, with an expanding customer base and global build-out of Sales and Marketing
2019: Heightened focus on customer success, strategic alliances and CUBE V3 launch
- What advice could you give to other entrepreneurs and start-ups?
Know your customer – know their challenges, who they are and how to solve them. Be able to articulate clearly and simply the value you drive… and hire the best talent available.
- What can you tell us about your team?
The CUBE team has domain expertise in financial services, regulation, regulatory technology (RegTech), including artificial intelligence, robotic process automation and SaaS. We support diversity and we are excited to be applying new-age technology to age-old problems.
- What’s next for your company?
Over the past two years CUBE has created an innovative technological framework, built a global operational infrastructure and established an empowered and happy global customer base.
Priorities for 2019 include accelerating market penetration (especially North America and Europe), and deepening early-stage engagements with global financial institutions in Asia. Strategic alliances will underpin many of our engagements, globally. CUBE V3 will provide customers with unprecedented levels of regulatory intelligence and predictive analytics, enabling a forward-looking and proactive approach to compliance, on a scale never-before witnessed in financial services.
- How do potential customers and investors get in touch with you?
“The Business Spotlight on…” is a new section at PlanetCompliance that looks at the companies active in the sectors we cover, tells their stories and introduces the solutions to give them a platform to show what they’ve got and who they are. If you want to know more about how you can get featured in this section, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org on Twitter at @PlanetComplianc